মঙ্গলবার, ৫ জুলাই, ২০১১

Bible Quotes on Forgiveness


My mentor frequently mentioned, 'holding back forgiveness is like holding a bottle of poison and consuming it. You drink it considering another individual will die, but the one that is dying is you."
Before meditating on the Bible rates on forgiveness, let us very first examine the meaning of 'Forgiveness'. Forgiveness is the act of releasing an individual from our grip of revenge, anger and bitterness rather than holding anything at all versus that person. Lewis B. Smedes, a renown Christian author and theologian mentioned, "To forgive is to set a prisoner totally free and find out that the prisoner was you." But is it simple to forgive? Is it simple to release the person who hurts us, who wounded our spirit, who broke our trust, who left us shattered? Is it achievable to forgive someone? Our initial response to this kind of individuals is to be vindictive and get back again, regardless of what! But, what does the Lord must say on this issue? Let's have a examine the Bible quotes on forgiveness, which tells us how we should respond in these kinds of instances.


Why Should I Forgive...

The question arises 'Why on earth should I forgive him or her?' Look at what Mark 11:25, 26 says:

"And when you shall stand to pray, forgive, if you have aught against any man: that your Father also, who is in heaven, may forgive you your sins. But if you will not forgive, neither will your father that is in heaven forgive you your sins."

The Bible verses can be divided into two parts. Component 1 plainly tells us whenever you arrive before God in prayer, you'll need to clear off all grievances you've together with your fellow beings. The verse will not end here. It goes on to say, only then will God, Your Father in Heaven. Forgiving is not an alternative we've, it is a command we should stick to. It isn't some thing we do because we really feel like doing it, but it can be a command we obey, because by not forgiving we are sinning just before God. Which do you prefer: getting vindictive and sinning before God or forgiving and obtaining proper with God. It's a choice we have! Study more on internal healing via forgiveness (1).
(You can also read more articles on Bible Verses About Forgiveness )

Say this prayer aloud:

Heavenly Father,

I don't feel like forgiving. I don't even want to forgive _______ (person's name). He (She) has wounded me and crushed my spirit. You have seen my pain and my sufferings. You are my witness. I don't know why I had to go through this. But, Your word commands me to forgive. I want to obey you and do what You say. Because You are my God, who means everything to me. And even though I have no warm feelings within me, I choose to forgive by the act of the will. I forgive ____ (person's name) and set him (her) free. I no longer hold anything against him (her). Please forgive me for harboring bitterness and anger in my heart for so long. I have sinned against you and I am sorry. In your word (1 John 1:9) you have said, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."


As soon as you have stated this prayer aloud, now feel God has forgiven you. Often we recite our prayers, but dwell in condemnation. Once we confess, God is faithful and just. He'll forgive and believe this from your depths of your heart. Don't be concerned about your emotions. You may not really feel any particular warmth inside your heart for that particular person, but never be concerned. You've done the correct issue by forgiving.

Matthew 5:44-45 says, "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Thus, now go on your knees and pray for the person who has hurt you. 

(You can also read more articles on Bible Verses About Forgiveness )

But what if the same person hurts you yet again. Then what? How many times should one forgive the same person? The Holy Bible says in Matthew 18:22, "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." Thus, each time the person hurts you, take it to the Lord and forgive, because this is what the Lord expects of you. 

Do you feel forgiving is really difficult and by placing the burden of this command, God has been very unreasonable, then think again. Jesus set an example for us to follow on the cross. He forgave those who nailed Him on the cross, while He was still on the cross. He has not simply thrown commands at us, but He demonstrated it in his life. Luke 23:34, "Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Go back to these Bible quotes on forgiveness each time you are wounded. Our God will give us the strength and grace to forgive. Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Keep short accounts with God and do not bury your pain, lest it turns to bitterness. Forgive as God forgave you!
You can also read more articles on Bible Verses About Forgiveness.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন